What are clients saying about this technology?
There are no testimonials yet.
News and publications
There are no news yet.
A full scale service is available for the support of planning activity and the implementation of remediation remediation processes.
By using the toolkit of biotechnology and molecular biology, estimation of biodegradation capacity is more exact and precise.
Monitoring activity can help companies to define the level of degradation and the necessary steps to increase activity.
With the integration of effective microorganisms (degradation of CH components) production, the whole in situ biodegradation technology chain is available
As a research member of ASSOCIATION OF ENVIRONMENTAL ENTERPRISES, our institute is coordinating a Hungarian SME network involved in remediation processes.
- Modelling and studying subsurface events on contaminated areas.
- Research and description of effective microbial activity in contaminated groundwater samples
- Results coming from lab scale modeling systems gives a useful tool for planning the field scale remediation process
- Monitoring activity: fate of microbes during the remediation process – investigation of enhancer compounds
BZN as a research member of ASSOCIATION OF ENVIRONMENTAL ENTERPRISES, has been taking part in several R+D and innovation project with its industrial partners. Due to this activity, novel technologies could be applied on remediation market.
The Bay Zoltan Nonprofit Ltd. for Applied Research is a leading applied research institution of Hungary. The Departments of the Biotechnology Division focus on the development of innovative methods, processes follow the actual needs and requirements of the market (environmental technologies, agricultural and raw material fields).
The key competences and activities are in the field of environmental technologies:
- development of bioremediation technologies
- isolation, characterisation and production of effective microorganisms
- lab and field scale tests of bioremediation
- determination of biodegradation capacity
- development of site specific enhancers of microbial activity
BZN main competences and services
- DETERMINATION OF BIODEGRADATION CAPACITY:
- The trace of the natural or enhanced degradation in soil and groundwater samples (enumeration of microorganisms: selective and total cell number, TOC-TC-TN measurement, respiration tests).
- MICROCOSM TESTS:
- Investigation of natural degradation, biostimulation or bioaugmentation, tests of various treatments in batch reactors or continuous fixed-bed columns (200 ml – hundred litres). Determination of degradation rate constant, perform of half-life estimation by analytical methods (measuring VOC and EPH concentration with GC-MS and GC-FID, measuring CH4, CO2, O2, CAH from headspace, anion chromatography, analysis of organic acids by HPLC).
- MONITORING AND IDENTIFYING OF MICROBES BY MOLECULAR BIOLOGY:
- qPCR methods: quantitative detection of key bacteria (Dehalococcoides, Dehalobacter, Dehalogenimonas, Desulfitobacterium) and involved genes (vcrA, bvcA, tceA) in dehalogenation
- application of DGGE : tracing biomarkered bacteria during bioaugmentation