What are clients saying about this technology?
There are no testimonials yet.
News and publications
There are no news yet.
Bay Zoltán Nonprofit Ltd. for Applied Research aims to contribute to the competitiveness and efficiency of Hungarian companies by providing services in innovation and technology transfer in cooperation with Hungarian and foreign partner institutions. We offer our customers – currently more than 200 companies – complex scientific and technological solutions in several areas of expertise, devised in a way to enhance their competitiveness.
We cooperate with institutions of the public sector, the Hungarian Academy of Sciences and universities, and their respective research institutes. For these partners, we also act as innovation intermediaries through our applied R&D and technology transfer activities. As a think tank with a strong team of researchers and experts, we are able to meet the research and development needs of the industry from an idea’s conception to its realization at a high level of expertise. We actively participate in building international consortia, networking, and EU tenders in the field of R&D and innovation. Moreover, we offer business development services as a technology incubator.
Our mission is to act as a catalyst in national and international projects involving exceptional levels of technology, and creating high added value that is significant for the national economy and the well-being of society.
- Plasma anodization is a surface treatment for mainly passivating metals, stainless steel. The process can be characterized by high-power and current density; thus, an electric breakdown can occur through oxide-layer (as it can be seen on the picture). The procedure is environmentally safe, can be called green.
- During the modification, hardening species can be incorporated into the surface (as Na2SiO3, Na3PO4, Na2CO3 and similar).
- The treated material exhibits better corrosion resistance, wear resistance, even thermal insulator coatings can be achieved by the technique.
- In some cases, the bioactivity is the needed property of (for example titanium) sample; which is provided by the technology as well.
Collaboration with implant manufacturer to develop a bioinert surface on medical grade titanium with plasma electrolytic oxidation for traumatology implants. The surface treatment creates a thick oxide layer on the device’s surface thus its corrosion and abrasive indicators increase making the implant suitable for soft-remove after the healing period.
The Bay Zoltan Nonprofit Ltd. for Applied Research is a leading applied research institution of Hungary. The Departments of the Engineering Division focus on the development of innovative methods, processes follow the actual needs and requirements of the market.
The key competences and activities are:
- Materials and material technologies
- Production systems, product and technology development
- Environmental protection
BZN main competences and services
- R&D and services in the field of materials sciences and technologies:
- Structural and functional materials development and their characterization (metallic and non-metallic)
- Development of coating and surface technologies
- Development of material testing methods