What are clients saying about this technology?
There are no testimonials yet.
News and publications
There are no news yet.
Economic-friendly and cost-competitive high-power anodization for high-tech surfaces.
The novel spark electrolysis is a muti-purpose technology for the industrial sector. Anodic treatment of noble metals enhances their surface properties according to wear resistance and corrosion quality. Spark polishing of stainless steel enable to reduce the surface roughness and provide a mirror-like finish in minutes. Application of plasma electrolytic nitriding on low- to mid-carbon steel is a faster than common nitriding procedures. These processes are performed in an electrolytic bath with high current and voltage density around the work-piece, thus the technology is capable to reduce the machining time. The preparation time is decreased with plasma electrolytic surface treatment, in addition dilute, economically friendly solutions are used.
1st key benefit for SME: PLASMA ENHANCED POLISHING, MODIFIING
2nd key benefit for SME: GREEN TECHNOLOGY
3rd key benefit for SME: COST-EFFECTIVE HIGH-TECH STRUCTURED LAYERS
- Plasma anodization is a surface treatment for mainly passivating metals, stainless steel. The process can be characterized by high-power and current density; thus, an electric breakdown can occur through oxide-layer (as it can be seen on the picture). The procedure is environmentally safe, can be called green.
- During the modification, hardening species can be incorporated into the surface (as Na2SiO3, Na3PO4, Na2CO3 and similar).
- The treated material exhibits better corrosion resistance, wear resistance, even thermal insulator coatings can be achieved by the technique.
- In some cases, the bioactivity is the needed property of (for example titanium) sample; which is provided by the technology as well.
Collaboration with implant manufacturer to develop a bioinert surface on medical grade titanium with plasma electrolytic oxidation for traumatology implants. The surface treatment creates a thick oxide layer on the device’s surface thus its corrosion and abrasive indicators increase making the implant suitable for soft-remove after the healing period.
The Bay Zoltan Nonprofit Ltd. for Applied Research is a leading applied research institution of Hungary. The Departments of the Engineering Division focus on the development of innovative methods, processes follow the actual needs and requirements of the market.
The key competences and activities are:
- Materials and material technologies
- Production systems, product and technology development
- Environmental protection
BZN main competences and services
- R&D and services in the field of materials sciences and technologies:
- Structural and functional materials development and their characterization (metallic and non-metallic)
- Development of coating and surface technologies
- Development of material testing methods